ONLINE – ½ Day Home Meditation Retreat w/ Evangelos
November 22 @ 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
***Rome 1:30pm – 6:30pm***
There will be a time change so please check to make sure of your own exact time zone.
Please be ten minutes early!! If you are late you will not be permitted into the retreat.
What you will need
- We will be using Zoom. Make sure you know how to use it.
There will be no technical assistance available.
- Use an alarm. Preferably not your phone.
- Have water available
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Yoga Mat/ Meditation cushion if you have it
- Have a journal to take some notes
- No talking
- Turn off your phone
- Have your video on Zoom turned on
- Create a nice sitting area to meditate with few distractions
- Clear space to walk inside your house. (You can walk outside as long as there are not a lot of distractions or noise)
- Turn off all devices not being used.
- This is being offered by Donation (Dana). Once a donation is made below, a zoom link will be sent.
Schedule of Practice – in Italian time
1:30pm- 1:50pm – Check In/ Instructions
1:50pm – 2:30pm – Sitting Meditation
2:30pm – 2:40pm – Minor Stretch
2:40pm – 3:20pm – 20 minutes walking meditation, 20 minutes sitting
3:20pm – 3:30pm – Small check in and further instructions
3:30pm – 4:00pm – Break – Mindfulness of all actions, Mindfulness of eating, Mindfulness of cleaning some part of your house, Mindfulness of being outside and just observing
4:00pm – 4:45pm – Q&A with Dharma Discussion
4:45pm – 5:15pm – Sitting meditation
5:15pm – 5.40pm – Walking Meditation
5:40pm – 5:50pm – Standing Meditation
5:50pm – 6:10pm – Sitting Meditation
6:10 pm – 6:30pm – Closing with teacher (Dharma Talk)
- Aim to be online 10 minutes before the retreat starts.
- Start to unwind and get off line the night before. Reduce conversations and while we are practicing, try and find a room where you will not be interrupted.
- Let friends, family members or roommates know that you are doing a silent retreat and ask for their support to help you still mind, body and spirit. You will be surprised how supportive people are when you let them know what you are doing.
This course is offered by the Teacher based on the ancient principle of generosity, or Dāna.
Fees and Dāna (Generosity) –
Any donation welcome. Suggested range 25-75
Even a dollar is welcome. What matters is that you give from the heart.