Invite Meditation Moves to your community or business (anywhere in the world) to facilitate movement workshop. Evangelos offers the following workshop themes. There is also the possibility to design a custom workshop with Evangelos that addresses your current area of exploration.
Workshop Themes Offered
- Riding the Waves – This is an invitation to explore the motion of Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness. We get into the 8 Body parts and become friends with our forgotten temple. Movement – wild, gentle, true, ordinary, breath-taking – in dynamic balance through body, heart and mind. There is no right or wrong, only presence and unconsciousness. When we are unconscious, we miss out on the joy of investigation. Free the body, then everything else comes naturally. It is a matter of choice.
- Make a Difference: Exploring Leadership Through the 5Rhythms – This movement workshop is a call to action for creative leaders everywhere! What would it take to enlighten a new type of leader — one who can listen, adapt and follow as well as guide and inspire? In this ground-breaking 5Rhythms workshop, eclectic music and movement will help us uncover unskillful behaviour patterns. We will explore and develop clear, effective, compassionate tools to guide ourselves and the leaders in our communities and organizations. Moving through the 5Rhythms of Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness, we will cultivate our own compelling leadership style.
- Awakened Movement – This is an exploration of what keeps us stuck in dualistic living. We explore our highs and lows and see them all as transitory and discover the only thing to take refuge in is a clear and loving mental and physical body. We begin to wake up to our life once we understand how we are consistently blown about by the 8 Worldly Winds — Praise & Blame; Loss & Gain; Shame & Fame; Pleasure & Pain. We dance through all the winds and befriend them so they have less influence on our life’s purpose. We master moving in the infinite space between the winds.
- Gateways to Freedom – True freedom comes when we learn the fine art of making all our actions conscious. Otherwise, we remain tuned out as we rush through our unending list of things-to-do. When we are unconscious in this way, we miss the joy of investigation and being totally present to the richness of who we are. This workshop will guide us as we move – at our own pace – through the five universal rhythms: Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness. Each rhythm provides a practical and joyful tool to the freedom that we all yearn for. This workshop will cultivate a strong foundation for those who are new to the 5Rhythms. The basics of the 5 Rhythms practice are it’s deepest power, and there is no end to their potential.
- Eye of the Storm – In this workshop we learn to find peace in the middle of chaos. We will participate in a process that leaves us feeling grounded, rejuvenated and empowers us to meet any challenge big or small.
- Abun-Dance – Through the use of music and movement, we investigate how we manifest abundance and prosperity. Where in the mind/body do we cling to patterns from the past? This is a journey where we learn to manage personal energy. We explore the 8 archetypes of money: The Innocent, The Victim, The Warrior, The Tyrant, The Martyr, The Fool, The Artist, The Magician. Kinesthetic learning is an entry point to understanding our complex relationship to money. Through this exploration, we will cultivate a connection to money that will serve us, our families and our communities.
- Warriors – This work is for Men only. When using the 5Rhythms (Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness) to understand ourselves, there’s an alchemical transformation that encourages us to stand up and live our truth. We are all looking for the integration of our masculine and feminine, fierceness and sensitivity. No exceptions. There’s something primal and magical that happens when men have a focused group intention. This class will empower us to walk our talk and embrace our masculinity.
- Dancing with Words: A 5Rhythms Movement & Writing Workshop – As children, we played freely with movement, sound and expression. But as adults, we learned to abandon intuition and physical expression in favour of our analytical mind. We have forgotten that the energy that fires wild writing is the same that fuels the dancing and singing in a gospel congregation. That same force also transforms the audience at rock concerts into spontaneous dancers! Together let’s investigate our relationship to creative energy with music, movement, pen and paper. No experience required except curiosity and willingness to cross creative boundaries.
- Dancing with Colleagues – This is a team building workshop where we learn to move as a group and explore our individual and collective relationships through all the Rhythms. This is a journey that encourages individuals in a company, team or organization to learn how to row in the same direction and to recognize when everyone is moving to the beat of their own drummer. This workshop is useful for managers who want to empower their employees, sports teams, families and educational organizations. I will work with your leaders to create an exclusive workshop addressing current issues while encompassing your organization’s unique culture. The mind and body will come together instilling a sense of confidence, creativity and energy that your colleagues will integrate and use for many years.
- Seed, Stalk, Flower: The Cycle of You! -There is an order in life, a cycle – a beginning, a middle and an end. Using the cycle of the flower as a metaphor, we give birth to a new self by examining who we are through each of the 5Rhythms. We will practice letting go of the past and embracing the truth that everyone and everything is impermanent. All moments, ideas, positive or negative fade away. Do you hold on or have you learned to dance through the theatre of life? We will dance, explore our own mortality, fall in love with the miracle of life and re-invent ourselves throughout this workshop. This 5Rhythms workshop theme was inspired by the Japanese Butoh tradition.
- 5Rhythms & Photography – This workshop is currently being developed.
- The Transformation of Fear – This workshop is currently being developed.